2.Cydia added Gmate Sources successfully, but displays an error message?
- A) Because Cydia will attempt to get the latest version of existing sources when adding a new source, errors may occur during this process. When this happens, Cydia will show the Gmate source being added successfully, but will also display error message from other processes (As shown below).
- B) Do not be alarmed, and simply press "Return to Cydia ".
3.Fail to add Gmate Sources on Cydia?
- A) Please make sure Wi-Fi or GPRS is turned on.
- B) Please make sure Gmate source package link is not added multiple times on Cydia, it will cause the Gmate software source addition to fail. You can try to remove the same links (if any) from other software.
4.Fail to install Gmate Client?
- A) The issue may be caused by source conflict （One known source that may create such conflict is: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com）. The conflicting software source should appear in the error message. Removal of conflicting sources should allow successful installation for the Gmate client.
- B) Try removing and re-adding the Gmate source on Cydia.
- C) Sometimes the jailbreak process may affect the installation of Gmate client. You can try jailbreak your iOS device again and reinstall Gmate client.
6.Forgot the bluetooth passcode?
- A) Reset the passcode by locating the reset hole beside the power button.
- B) Turn on the Gmate, and use a paperclip (or similar) to press and hold the reset button for 3 seconds.
- C) Restart the Gmate, the password should now become the default password: 1234.
7.Can not use GPRS/EDGE Internet?
- A) Make sure that the APN name is correct（the APN name dependent on your telecom carrier,please contact your carrier for the APN Name).
- B) Make sure that other non-Gmate WI-FI and GPRS function is turned off.
- C) Make sure that GPRS is connected. The blue icon will appear on Standby screen that indicates GPRS is available online.
- D) If the blue icon appear on Standby screen,but can not use GPRS function,try closing some background processes if any（Multiple processes may take some GPRS traffic，lead to slow or unable to access the Internet）, for the iTouch, press the Home key twice to enter phone background.
8.Can not enter the SMS menu?
- A) Reset the Gmate client software: open Client->Settings->Reset（SMS of database,Call History and password record will be cleared. The client settings will be restored to factory settings）.
- B) Remove and reinstall the Gmate client software.
9.Fail to upgrade Gmate firmware?
- A) Ensure that the client is connected with Gmate device.
- B) Multiple Cydia reinstalls may cause that Gmate cannot be successfully upgraded.
11.Fail to Send SMS?
- A) Check to see if GSM signal is detected.
- B) Insert SIM card to other mobile phone to see if the number of short message center is correct.
- C) Disconnect and reconnect Gmate client with Gmate device.
- D) Reboot or reset Gmate device.
12.Fail to make calls?
- A) Check to see if GSM signal is detected.
- B) Disconnect and reconnect Gmate client with Gmate device.
- C) Reboot or reset Gmate device .
13.Can I enjoy voice calls on both iTouch 3 and iTouch 4?
- While both versions of iTouch can use Gmate, there are some limitations.
Call Method of iTouch 4
- A) Use earphone to call.
- B) Call without use of earphone (note: the loudspeaker of iTouch 4 is installed in the lower right corner at the back of the device).
Call Method of iTouch 3
- C) It can make calls only by using the earphone（iTouch 3 has no MIC，if not using an earphone,there will be no speaker end）.
14.Gmate can not read the SIM card?
- A) Close the client, turn off the iTouch Bluetooth function, and then try connecting again.
- B) Re-insert the SIM card.
- C) Restart the Gmate device.
- D) Reset the Gmate client.
16.Abnormal Battery Charging?
- A) It may be caused by smudginess of battery electrodes. Please use clean soft cloth first to wipe the golden contact and then try to charge the battery.
- B) If the battery cannot be charged sufficiently, please properly handle the old battery and use a new battery to replace.
17.Water went into the Device？
- A) If water or other liquids enter the Gmate device, turn it off immediately and allow several hours to dry.
- B) If unable to restart the device, please contact product support.
18.How to uninstall client software?
- A) Find and remove the Gmate client software through Cydia (Requires internet connection). Cydia -> Manage -> Sources (Detailed steps on accessing source menu can be found under “Gmate Client Quick Start”in the user manual).
30.What does the indicator lights represent with different state?
- A) No light represents shutdown state.
- B) Flashing yellow light represents boot but disconnected state.
- C) Flashing green light represents boot and connected state.
- D) Red and Yellow lights flashing alternately when charging. The longer the green light keeps on, the more battery capacity it is. The permanent green light represents complete charging.
- E) Flashing red light represents low power level state.
31.What is the function of reset Gmate?
- It will turn the bluetooth PIN code to factory default.
- It will remove the missed calls and unread SMS on Gmate.
- It won’t remove SIM card number on Gmate.
- It won’t remove the logs and SMS that have been sent to Gmate Client.
41.How to set languages for Gmate?
- Enter Phone Settings->General->lnternational->Language, select one of the languages in the list. Gmate client will display English if a non-supported language is selected.
42.How to set MP3 as calls’or SMS’s ringtone for Gmate?
- Step One: Use iTunes or 3rd party software to create the ringtone and put it into ringtone of cell phone (Refer to official iTunes manual for details)
- Step Two: Enter Gmate Client->Settings->Sound->Call Ring or SMS Ring -> Definition, then select the ring in the list.
44.Gmate Client can not search for bluetooth devices on IOS 5.0.1?
- It is caused by the bug on jailbreak tool of IOS 5.0.1. Restart of IOS device or installation of Corona 5.0.1 Untether from Cydia will resolve this issue.
To install Corona 5.0.1 Untether, open Cydia -> Search and enter "Corona 5.0.1 Untether" in the search bar. In the search results interface, click on Install -> Confirm. Reboot device after installation.
If the problem persists,please contact Gmate Customer Service